Home » Visa » US Visa

US Visa

IR1 or CR1 Visa for a Thai spouse

An IR-1/ CR-1 Visa is essentially what to use if you want to get your Thai spouse into the United States with permanent residence (green card). See the other options such as a K1 Visa or a K3 visa while in Thailand.

Read More »

Which US Visa to use in Thailand

The CR-1/IR-1 (CR-1 if married less than two years, IR-1 if married more than two years to your Thai Spouse) visa is an immigrant visa, the holder of which is lawfully admitted for permanent residence immediately upon arrival in the United States.

Read More »

K3 Visa in Thailand

Essentially a K3 visa was designed as a fast alternative to the immigrant visas (IR1/CR1). K3’s are a non-immigrant visa so one cannot stay indefinitely in the United States on one of these visas. For the Thai/American couple looking to immigrate to the USA, the K-3 is a good choice if time is of the essence.

Read More »

K1 Visa Process

Before getting into the K-1 process I would always advise obtaining competent legal advice from a licensed American attorney. Thailand can be very difficult to start the process however thousands have completed the process without many problems.

Read More »

Prenuptial Agreements

Not being an expert in Thai contract law I decided to look at what effect is given to prenuptial agreements in Thailand. I found that generally speaking, so long as the Prenuptial agreement is registered at the time of the marriage the courts in Thailand will uphold the agreement.

Read More »

Advance Parole

Advance Parole gives a Thai fiancée the right to re-enter the United States on a K-1 Visa after leaving the country. This is important because your fiancée cannot leave the country on a K-1 Visa and return without obtaining this crucial travel document.

Read More »

Incoming search terms: