Home » Tag Archives: us visa

Tag Archives: us visa

Prenuptial Agreements

Not being an expert in Thai contract law I decided to look at what effect is given to prenuptial agreements in Thailand. I found that generally speaking, so long as the Prenuptial agreement is registered at the time of the marriage the courts in Thailand will uphold the agreement.

Read More »

Which US Visa to use in Thailand

The CR-1/IR-1 (CR-1 if married less than two years, IR-1 if married more than two years to your Thai Spouse) visa is an immigrant visa, the holder of which is lawfully admitted for permanent residence immediately upon arrival in the United States.

Read More »

Affidavit of support for a Thai fiancee

When a US Citizen sponsors a Thai fiancé/fiancée or spouse for immigration to the United States the US Citizen must show that he/she can support the Thai immigrant. The US government is interested in making sure that an immigrant brought to the US (for our purposes a Thai loved one) will not become a public charge (welfare recipient).

Read More »

Advance Parole

Advance Parole gives a Thai fiancée the right to re-enter the United States on a K-1 Visa after leaving the country. This is important because your fiancée cannot leave the country on a K-1 Visa and return without obtaining this crucial travel document.

Read More »

K3 Visa in Thailand

Essentially a K3 visa was designed as a fast alternative to the immigrant visas (IR1/CR1). K3’s are a non-immigrant visa so one cannot stay indefinitely in the United States on one of these visas. For the Thai/American couple looking to immigrate to the USA, the K-3 is a good choice if time is of the essence.

Read More »

K1 Visa Process

Before getting into the K-1 process I would always advise obtaining competent legal advice from a licensed American attorney. Thailand can be very difficult to start the process however thousands have completed the process without many problems.

Read More »

Register a Marriage

If you married in Thailand then your have to register the marriage in Thailand. This is the Thai marriage registration process. As a foreigner you need a obtain a few things as the process for marriage registration in Thailand is very simple. The first process starts with your local Embassy in Thailand. We have listed a number of them on this website. What you need from them is a 'letter of no impediment' which states that you are single and can get married in Thailand

Read More »

Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!