Portugal Embassy in Thailand

This is the contact details of the Portugal Embassy in Thailand. If you need consular assistance as a Portuguese national then you can seek help at the Portuguese Embassy in Bangkok. Their contact details have been listed below with a map to the Embassy. Note their operating hours before you go and as always it is best to send them an email with your questions so you know what to bring.

Portugal Embassy in Thailand

If you are getting married in Thailand and want to register your marriage then contact them for a letter for the Thai Amphur who will need that letter from the Embassy to register your marriage in Thailand. The closest BTS station is the BTS Krung Thonburi Station in Bangkok. They are just over the river from there in the Bang Rak district.

Portugal Embassy in Thailand

If you are going with the MRT or subway system then you will need to get off at the MRT Samyan Station and then take a motor card taxi from there as it is very far. Also, if you know how to take the river boat then you can walk to the Embassy from the Si Phraya Ferry Pier. If you are taking the car taxi then the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers is within walking distance of the Embassy as well.  There is also the Swiss Embassy in Thailand as well as the Romanian Embassy in Bangkok and then the Embassy of Finland, Portuguese Embassy and the Norwegian Embassy in Thailand.

Address 26 Bush Lane Soi Charoenkrung 30, New Road, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500
Tel 0 2234 2123
Fax 0 2238 4275
Email sconsular.bangkok@mne.pt
Visa & Consular 0 2234 0372 / 0 2233 7610 (Emergency)
Closed The Embassy is closed on local Thai as well as Portuguese public holidays

Note that the office hours at the Embassy for visa and consular assistance is 08.30 – 12.30 (Monday – Friday)

Consular Assistance

If you have lost your passport then you first have to report this to Thai police. They will give you a case number which you will need for your new passport. There is an additional cost to replace a lost passport. Complete the application form and then hand them the police card showing the reported loss. If you are registering a child born abroad, you will need to have all the Thai birth registration documents and have this translated and certified. You will need to make an appointment and you will also need to take the child with you.

If you wish to apply for a visa, then you will need to complete all the needed forms at the Embassy for a tourist visa. You will also need to show that you will return to Thailand. So, owning property in your name or having a job will require these letters from your employer to confirm your status as well as salary level.

If you are looking for a letter of no impediment or freedom to marry to register your marriage in Thailand. Then you will need to complete the form at the Embassy and they will tell you when to collect it. Once you have it the letter will need to be certified. See here what happens next.


error: Content is protected !!