Singapore Embassy in Thailand

The Singapore Embassy in Thailand is located in Bangkok. The Singaporean Embassy will issue you a visa for Singapore if you are going there on holiday or to work. You need to call them or email them before you go to Singapore if you need more information about living and working in Singapore. The Embassy will also assist their citizens in Thailand who might be in difficulty. The contact details and also a map to the Embassy has been listed below.

Singapore Embassy in Thailand

The Embassy is within walking distance from the BTS Chong Nonsi Station and there are many embassies around in this area. The buildings in the area are the Sathon City Tower, Bangkok City Tower and also the Sathorn Thani Complex. See the map for more details. The Embassy of Saudi Arabia and the Belgium Embassy is also in the are. Note the emergency after hours telephone number for the Embassy – 081-844-3580.

Singapore Embassy in Thailand

Consular Assistance

Note that if you have lost your passport then by law under the  Passports Act (Chapter 220), you must report your lost or stolen passport within 14 days of losing it. In Thailand you will need to report this to the local Thai police as it is not reuired by the Embassy. IF you live or work in thailand then you will need to report this to the police. If you dont you will have a problem getting Thai immigration to accept the new passport. They will issue you with a card with the case number on it. Even thought this is not required by law, it has to be reported to the Singaporean Embassy in Bangkok. The loss then has to be reported to the Singaporean government as well.

If you are getting married in Thailand then you will need a letter of no-impediment or a freedom to marry. This is to certify that you are single. Both you are your fiancee have to visit the Embassy and present them with The original Marriage Search Result from the Registry of Marriages (ROM) in Singapore. This has to show that you are not married. The ROM is only valid for 6 months since the search.

You should not select the “Free Search for Marriage Records” service.  Only the original hard copy of the search result will be accepted. You can request ROM to send you your status to Thailand. You mnust also have a letter from your employer stating your present occupation and monthly salary. finally you and your fiancee have to present your original passports or ID cards. from there the Embassy will give you your certification and you can follow the Thai process over here.


Address: 129 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120
Tel: +66-2-348-6700
Fax: +66-2-348-6701
Office Hours: Mon – Fri
9.30 am to 11.30 am
1.30 pm to 4.30 pm
Closed: The Embassy is closed on all local and foreign public holidays


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!