Colombian Embassy in Thailand

The Colombian Embassy in Thailand is located at The Park Place close to where the South African Embassy in Thailand is located. There is also the Vietnamese Embassy in the same are. The traffic in this area is very difficult and it is best to use the BTS and to get off at the BTS Ratchadamri Station or the MRT Silom Station and take a 15 minute walk to the Embassy. The Embassy is also located near the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok. ‎

Colombian Embassy in Thailand

If you need consular assistance. Then the Colombian Embassy will be able to assist you with marriage registration in Thailand. This or assist you with a visa for Colombia as Thai citizen need a visa for Colombia. The Colombian Embassy in Thailand also serves the Kingdom of Cambodia, Republic of the Union of Myanmar and Lao People’s Republic. If you live in any of these countries then the Embassy in Bangkok will be able to assist you.

Colombian Embassy in Thailand

Consular Assistance

Firstly if you have lost your passport while in Thailand, visiting in Cambodia or in Burma or Myanmar. Then you have to report the loss to the local police. The local police be this Thai police, Cambodian police or Myanmar police. They will give you a case number for the lost or stolen passport. You will need to make an appointment with the Embassy to apply for a new passport. See the contact details right at the bottom of the page. Email or call the Embassy and bring you police case number as it will be required. Finally complete the application form for the new passport.

If you gave birth in Thailand, Myanmar or Cambodia you will need all the documents for the hospital as well as the government issued birth certificate. You will need to bring the child with to the Embassy, however you will not be able to bring a child across the border without the correct documents. You will need to ask the Embassy what would be required in this case. Some countries will allow large photos of the mother and child together where their faces can be seen together. For some countries this is acceptable proof. Again ask the Embassy about this issue if you dont live in Thailand.

Getting Married

Firstly if you are getting married in Thailand. You will need a freedom to marry letter which you will need to apply for at the Embassy. This is to state that you are single. Once you have this letter it will need to be verified at the Thai Foreign Office in Rangsit as well as translated and certified. Then registered at the local District Office. See how to do this here. If you live in Thailand you can also apply for a marriage visa in Thailand after this. finally you can convert your current Thai visa to a marriage visa without leaving the country.

Address: 63 Wireless Road Athenee Tower, Floor 18, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 1688715 ext: 4480
Fax: 02 1688721
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed: The Embassy is closed on all local and foreign public holidays


Firstly please note that a prior appointment is needed for passport applications as well as other notarial acts. Please contact the Embassy at email: or call them at telephone 021688715 in Bangkok, in order to verify the requirements of your procedure and arrange the date of your appointment.


error: Content is protected !!